Golf course superintendents deal with stress, long hours, and the pressure to produce a wall-to-wall green course that golfers enjoy.
A lot of money is spent on turfgrass management, and there are other parties to keep happy and informed such as owners, board members, and greens committees. Sprayer drones used along multispectral sensors and AI software, can help you save time and money. There is a need to make the most of the limited budget. For golf courses in dry regions with high water costs, there is also a desire to save on irrigation as much as possible
Drone technology can provide essential feedback on golf course turf problems that may arise from pests, disease, invasive weeds and stress to greens, fairways, rough, shrubs and trees long before the naked eye will notice.
3D models can play a key role in online marketing.
As part of their online marketing and communication strategy, golf course owners are adopting interactive 3D models as a tool to engage their audiences in a process of discovery.
Surprise your members and guests with a hole-by-hole fly through and let them enjoy the beauty of your golf course.
If you are just about to start a drone program at your golf course, give us a call and we will help you!
The only drone mapping & photogrammetry software tools with a flight app, desktop, and cloud platforms
Collect precise data on the number of plants in the field, as well as the unique characteristics of every plant.
On-Demand Drone Insurance Including Liability & Hull Coverage. Easy 2-Minute Setup. Inclusive and Affordable Drone Insurance On-Demand. Liability and Hull .
Focused is teaching how to become an FAA Certified Pilot In Command to enter into the commercial drone industry.
Drones, sensors, software and training to take your farm’s management to the next level.
HawkEye Spray Drone Applications (HSDA) is revolutionizing pre-season and in-season control product applications for golf course native areas, roughes and sports athletic fields with our drone spraying services.
1. Spring (March - May):
- Pre-emergent herbicide application to control annual grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Fungicide application to prevent diseases such as snow mold and dollar spot.
- Fertilization to promote healthy turf growth after winter dormancy.
- Insecticide application for early season pests like grubs and billbugs.
2. Summer (June - August):
- Regular monitoring for pests, diseases, and weeds.
- Fungicide applications as needed to control diseases like brown patch and Pythium.
- Spot treatment of broadleaf weeds using selective herbicides.
- Insecticide applications for pests like chinch bugs and sod webworms.
- Fertilization to maintain turf health and vigor during peak growth periods.
3. Fall (September - November):
- Core aeration to relieve compaction and promote healthy root growth.
- Overseeding with cool-season grass varieties for turf renovation.
- Fungicide application to prevent diseases like leaf spot and rust.
- Herbicide application to control perennial weeds.
- Fertilization with a balanced formulation to support winter hardiness.
4. Winter (December - February):
- Minimal spraying activities due to dormant turf.
- Monitoring for winter diseases such as snow mold and taking appropriate action if needed.
- Fertilization with a slow-release nitrogen source to provide essential nutrients during dormancy.
Throughout the year:
- Regular monitoring of turfgrass health and pest populations.
- Adjustments to the spraying program based on pest or disease outbreaks.
- Compliance with local regulations regarding pesticide application and environmental stewardship.
- Proper record-keeping of all spraying activities, including product usage, rates, and application dates.
It's crucial to conduct soil tests periodically to assess nutrient levels and pH, which can guide fertilization practices. Additionally, promoting cultural practices such as proper mowing, irrigation, and drainage will contribute to the overall health and resilience of the turfgrass, reducing the reliance on chemical inputs.
Subscribe to receive emails about upcoming events and expert golfing tips